As we approach the holiday season, the Gene Arant Team has been reflecting on our community and how we can give back to those in need. We’ve found that as we get older, giving gifts has become a more rewarding action than receiving. In fact, according to TIME Magazine, the secret to happiness is helping others because altruism is hardwired in our brain. We couldn’t agree more with this - giving to others plays a significant role in bringing happiness and meaningfulness into our lives.
While happiness and meaningfulness are reason enough for the gift of giving, there are even more benefits. According to Berkeley’s Greater Good Magazine, when you give, you’re more likely to get back in the form of health, wealth, and happiness. Generosity is often reciprocated by those you’ve helped, and kindness is often passed along, spurring a ripple effect of generosity. One good deed or act of kindness can go a long way.
With that being said, the Gene Arant Team wants to make it easy for our friends, family, and clients to give back and feel confident in the organizations that their time and money is going towards. We’re excited to announce the launch of our #GiveBack November Campaign (< click here for our video!) in which we’ve partnered with six great organizations. Learn more about how each one helps those in need, and how to donate here:
- The Salvation Army: Known for their national brand promise ‘Doing the Most Good’, the Salvation Army is nationally recognized for their work to help those in need and working during times of disaster. This year to support this wonderful organization, the Gene Arant Team will be focusing on a FOOD DRIVE so donate any non-perishables ♥
- The SAFE Alliance: Their vision is a just and safe community free from violence and abuse. It’s easy to buy cute gifts for children, but consequently teenagers are often left out, which is why we are focusing on GIFTS FOR TEENAGERS. Find some gift ideas here!
- Austin Angels: Their mission is to walk alongside children in the foster care system, as well as their caretakers. Sponsor a LOVE BOX, a 12-month commitment to partner with a family near you. The Gene Arant Team has committed to serve as a team, and we hope you join us ♥
- Austin Pets Alive!: They pioneer innovative lifesaving programs designed to save the animals most at risk of euthanasia. We are collecting donations of used/clean blankets and new leashes and collars. Bring your pooch too and grab a puppy snack ♥
- Longhorn Village: This year we are visiting the Longhorn Village Retirement Community as a team to spend some time playing games and visiting with the residents. Consider taking some time this holiday season to not only give financially and with gifts... giving of your time can go a long way.
- Brown Santa: This program provides assistance to underprivileged children and their families as well as senior residents of local retirement centers in Travis County. Susan Arant’s brother is a Travis County Deputy who introduced us to this organization because he is a huge supporter of their mission. Donate new board games, dolls, and more!
For all drop off donations, stop by the Gene Arant building at 4304 N. Quinlan Park Rd! We can’t wait to see our community come together this holiday season. Stay tuned for individual spotlights for each organization and more details about the #GiveBack November Campaign.